Bloodline Planning is ensures that your assets reach your children, grandchildren and other relatives, rather than ending up in the wrong hands!
When assets are distributed via your will (if you have one) to your chosen beneficiaries, these assets are then considered to be part of the beneficiary’s estate and would be at risk of attack from any future divorce settlements, creditors and or taxation.
With the strategic use of Trusts, you can ensure that your children and grandchildren are able to benefit completely from the inheritance you want them to receive and at the same time offer protection of the family home and other assets from being lost to attack from any future divorce settlements, creditors, taxation and the costs of Long Term Care.
For example have you considered what may happen if your surviving spouse were to remarry after your demise?
- How would this affect your own children if he/she later changed their will in favour of the new spouse and any subsequent children?
- What effect would he /she predeceasing their new spouse have on your own children? Or
- For those of you who already have children from a previous relationship how do you ensure that they would get their fair share?
- What if your children are very young or have special needs, how can you ensure that they are fully provided for?
- There may also be a business you have worked hard to build up. Surely you would want to protect this for your family too?
Do you really want to leave it all to chance, when with the help of your Succession Wealth Planner you like many of our existing clients could with the correct use of Trusts avoid these potential financial disasters?
This would ensure that your assets are protected from attack and immediately available to your loved ones after you are gone.