Founded in 2009, Succession Wealth is the fastest growing Wealth Planning brand in the UK with 600 employees and 170 advisors, we provide wealth management and financial planning services to individuals and corporate clients across the UK through our network of acquired firms. By operating our own open architecture platform, we have a fully integrated wealth management process.
From “start-up” in 2009, Succession Wealth is now one of the leading privately owned, independent financial planning and wealth management business’ in the UK.
Due to significant growth, we now require a professional and experienced Legal Counsel to work alongside out Group General Counsel and Company Secretary. The purpose of the Legal Counsel is to support the General Counsel in his role as Company Secretary and data protection officer for the Group. They will also support the General Counsel in providing a comprehensive legal and Co Sec services to Succession which includes legal advice, representation, technical expertise, documentation drafting and negotiation for legal, secretariat and data protection matters to ensure Succession fulfils its vision and goals within its risk appetite.
The successful candidate will have at least 5-10 years’ experience post qualification working in house, ideally with 3 years’ experience in the Financial Services sector. They must possess an in depth knowledge of data protection law and GDPR, along with a comprehensive understanding of the FCA and SM&CR rules and contract management.
But, it’s not just about what you bring to us…
You will receive a competitive salary and benefits package including pension scheme, the opportunity for flexible working to ensure a greater work life balance, access to our Employee Assistance Programme, enhanced maternity and paternity benefit, Death in Service Benefit and contributions towards relevant exams. In addition, we offer opportunities for career progression to match your career aims and ambitions.
To be successful in the role you will need:
- At least 5-10 years post qualification experience working in house.
- Experience of working in financial services for at least 3 years
- In depth knowledge of setting up legal services and a supporting framework
- Experience in contract negotiations and contract management
- Must have comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the FCA rules
- In depth knowledge and management of legal risk
- In depth knowledge of data protection law and GDPR
- Experience of supporting operational and support teams within a regulated environment
- Understanding of the management required for company secretarial services
- Ability to manage a large variety of matters and information
- Engage with the business to ensure the correct interpretation and application of legal advice to achieve commercial solutions that would deliver the business aim
- Being a trusted business advisor by developing and maintaining a network of strong relationships internally
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Operates effectively under pressure
- Operate without ego to ensure the rights outcomes are achieved
- Operate using a thinking mindset rather than emotional mindset
- Work with an honest and direct approach
if you wish to learn more about this role, please contact Charlotte Evans on 01752 968498 or email Charlotte.Evans@successionwealth.co.ukClick here to complete an online application form